Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Whopping Great Tater

I would like to tell the tale of the Huge Potato. Once upon a time, ok a couple of weeks ago, I received a couple of potatoes from a friend of mine. Not unusual, I am often the recipient of extraneous vegetables. I love it. These two potatoes were truly the largest that I have ever had in my possession. The biggest of these is pictured here.


My boyfriend Ken suggested that I make a twice-baked potato out of it. I thought it a grand idea, and set out to do just that. First, I baked it for about an hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then cooled it, and put it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, I assembled the ingredients pictured here: some red onion, garlic, parsley, nice plain yogurt, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. I put the onion, garlic, and parsley in the food processor, chopped it a bit, and followed it with the potato, yogurt, cubed cheese, salt and pepper. I processed it until properly amalgamated, and returned it to the potato shells. I then tossed it in the refrigerator and went to work.


In the evening, I put the Colossal potato back in the oven at 375 degrees F. Again, I think it was about an hour, and I turned up the heat for about the last 10 minutes to 400 degrees to get that good browned quality that brings such joy to the senses.


We demolished the potato.If you're curious about the liquid refreshment we chose to accompany our potato, click here.

Of course, a person could easily substitute normal sized baking potatoes, and the recipe would work fine. But........... why?

No comments: